Starting to feel like me again
Last night I did a handstand for the first time since I got pregnant! It was awesome and gave me a total endorphin rush; I felt great for the next hour. It really hit me how much I missed my pre-Xan yoga practice. I went semi regularly after he was born from the time he was 6 weeks until he was 6 months, and that was nice, helping me feel stronger and regain some of my former practice, but many of the poses were inhibited by the baby weight I was still carrying around. Arm balancers, in particular, were much more difficult that they had been, as I was both weaker and trying to lift more. After Xan got more active, I couldn't really manage him in class anymore and the evenings were out due to either family time or exhaustion.
But I think it might be time to get back into practicing. A friend I hadn't seen in a few months recently called me skinny and I realized I'm now back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I gained 53 pounds, 30 of which came off in three weeks, and the rest just sat there for five months, when it gradually started going away). That inspired me to try the handstand and that inspired me to get going again. I won't have time (or the cash) for as many classes a week, but I'm hoping to go to at least one. I'll be doing a baby sitting exchange with a friend the next several weeks, giving me the time to attend. Marissa also had a great idea to do a collaborative moms yoga session with friends to figure out what we can do while baby wrangling. I'll try to get that going in the next couple of weeks.
1 comment:
Hey, good for you honey. And good luck with the baby wrangling!
Post a Comment